Chemical smoothing is used to seal and smooth the surface of a component.
In this process, the outermost layer of the plastic part is liquefied under the influence of chemicals so that it subsequently has a glossy surface. Depending on the duration and intensity of the treatment, the macroscopic surface structure can also be smoothed. The stronger the treatment, the greater the associated loss of detail on the part.
- have wall thicknesses greater than 1mm.
- are free of loose particles.
- have no moving parts such as hinges.
- are made of polyamide, TPU, PEBA, PLA or PET.
- When compacted surfaces are required.
- If particularly smooth surfaces are desired.
And what does that mean for you?
Due to chemical smoothing, the production time is delayed by 5 working days.